The Christian County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Detective. A Detective is primarily responsible for investigations into violations of federal, state, and county ordinances, they are also responsible for the enforcement of these same laws and ordinances. When necessary, detectives will respond to the scene of crimes to conduct preliminary and follow-up investigations. A Detective will be responsible for effecting the arrest of suspects, questioning and transporting suspects and arrestees, crime scene investigations, the re-establishment of order and any other duties or responsibilities deemed necessary. This position will be focused on child victim related crimes including: Child Physical Abuse, Child Sexual Abuse, Child Emotional Abuse and Child Neglect. This Detective position will be required to investigate those types of crimes and present cases to the prosecutor’s office and testify in court. This position will be expected to attend forensic interviews of child victims and child witnesses, document and collect evidence, locate and interview witnesses and suspects related to those types of crimes. This Detective will regularly attend meetings, facilitate strong working relationships and communication with several other agencies regarding the child victim crimes.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess current Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification in the State of Missouri and be able to be commissioned upon employment. Must retain the POST license throughout the tenure of employment, or employment will be terminated.
- Must have 3 years’ experience (specialty training will be considered in lieu of experience)
- Must obtain or possess Incident Command System (ICS) certification appropriate to their rank and assignment under ICS. (ICS 300)
- Must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Missouri.
- Must be 21 years of age.
How to Apply
Interested persons may apply at the Christian County Human Resource Office located at 1106 W Jackson St, Ozark MO 65721, Monday- Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30pm or online at: http://www.christiancountysheriff.net/careers/
Position open until filled.